Work with us!
Join our team of creative and talented sewists. We strive to cultivate an inspiring community locally and worldwide and we are looking for like-minded, creative individuals to work with us. We all sew, we all love fabric, and we all love helping others.
View our current job listings and send us an email at [email protected] with your resume and a cover letter to apply.
Our Sales Associates (SA) work in a very collaborative team, and duties of this dynamic position include helping with both in-store sales and online orders. The SA position includes all aspects of customer service: cutting fabric, packing and shipping orders, answering questions, offering customer assistance, suggesting items, lending opinions, and providing product information.
Individual responsibilities as SA include demonstrating outstanding customer service and sales skills, keeping the store organized and clean, and assisting in merchandising fabric and notions. SA is expected to develop fabric and sewing knowledge and to stay up-to-date with promotional events and sales.
SA must process payments by totaling purchases, operating a credit card terminal, computers, and handling cash. SA should have an enthusiastic attitude and treat customers and coworkers in a courteous and professional manner. In addition to in-store sales, SA fulfill online orders efficiently and accurately.
- Employee discount
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible schedule
- Available minimum 24 hrs/week (minimum 6 hr days)
- Flexible weekly schedule
- Weekend availability preferred
- Prompt and dependable
- Experienced machine sewist with familiarity of independent patterns preferred
- The love of fabric; knowledge of types of fabric and uses
- Comfortable with physical demands, such as kneeling, standing, climbing, lifting, and moving heavy objects such as bolts of fabric or furniture
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient basic math skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong etiquette and communication skills via phone, email, and in person
- Organized and self-sufficient, focused, strong time management skills
- Retail and/or cash handling experience preferred
- Eager to learn and absorb new skills and information
- Willingness to work with others
- The desire to share your unique interest and skills with others in our sewing community