The Hughes is the perfect everyday dress. It features Viennese seams, gathered sleeves, and a gorgeous scoop neckline. The bodice is lined and the skirt has an a-line sweep. It buttons up the front and has an adjustable lace-up tie in the back. The tie can be cinched in or loosened depending on desired fit. The Hughes Dress is designed to be a timeless style with beautiful construction details that can be treasured for generations.
- Purchase includes sizes XS/0 – 7X/32 (32”/81cm -60”/152cm chest).
- Bust sizes A/B and C/D included in pattern.
- Intermediate level sewing.
- Printed pattern includes: cute envelope, instructions booklet, and pattern in all sizes printed on white tissue paper.
- Designed for woven fabrics.
- 1 yard lightweight fusible interfacing
- Marking tool
- Matching thread
- 11 1/2″-1″ [1.3-2.5 cm] buttons
- Small safety pin or tube turning tool
The Hughes Dress is designed for woven fabrics. You will get a different look depending on the fabric you select. A drapey rayon or silk will give a more elegant dressy look, while a more sturdy fabric like a linen will give you a gorgeous everyday dress. We encourage you to be creative and daring with fabric, any dress weight woven fabric is suitable
MODEL FIT NOTES:
The model in the solid rust colored version is wearing a size small, A/B cup size, with no modifications. She is 5’6″ tall (168cm).
The model in the red floral version is wearing a size 4X, C/D cup, with no modifications. She is 6′ tall (183cm).