The Magic Pants, to the unknown eye, appear to be tailored, high-waisted, woven pants – but hidden underneath is the stretch and comfort of your favorite pajamas. The sailor-style front flap hides a ribbed knit panel that allows you to pull the pants up over your hips, before securing the flap with the strap around the waist. Each side of the strap is connected to elastic hidden along the center back to provide some flex for maximum comfort around the midsection. The front flap also serves as the opening for the extremely generous front pockets. The pants are wide-legged and go straight down from the hip.
Between the two strap ends and the elastic, there is tons of adjustability for the waist to cater to the unique shape of the maker. The maker will choose their size based on their hip measurement, and adjust the waistband to fit during the test fitting.
ALL SEAM ALLOWANCES INCLUDED IN PATTERN
SEWING LEVEL: Easy Intermediate
SIZES: XS – 3XL (see size chart in pictures)
– Instructional booklet with illustrations for each step
– Printed pattern on white 20lb. large-format paper
FABRICS: (see fabric yardage requirements in pictures)
– This pattern is designed for linen, but works well with any light-to-mid-weight woven fabric.
– Pocket bag fabric can be made with the same fabric or any quilter’s cotton.
– Ribbed stretch knit panel
– (2) D-rings
– (2) buttons or snaps.
– Twill tape